The Resource Zealot : the life and times of Jesus of Nazareth
- Zealot : the life and times of Jesus of Nazareth
- Title remainder
- the life and times of Jesus of Nazareth
- Statement of responsibility
- Reza Aslan
- Sifting through centuries of mythmaking, Reza Aslan sheds new light on one of history's most influential and enigmatic characters by examining Jesus through the lens of the tumultuous era in which he lived: first-century Palestine, an age awash in apocalyptic fervor. Scores of Jewish prophets, preachers, and would-be messiahs wandered through the Holy Land, bearing messages from God. This was the age of zealotry--a fervent nationalism that made resistance to the Roman occupation a sacred duty incumbent on all Jews. And few figures better exemplified this principle than the charismatic Galilean who defied both the imperial authorities and their allies in the Jewish religious hierarchy
- Presents a meticulously researched biography of Jesus that draws on biblical and historical sources to place his achievements and influence against the turbulent backdrop of his time
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .A85 2013
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
ContextContext of Zealot : the life and times of Jesus of Nazareth
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Fremont Area District Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.